Why is there a y instead of £ sign....

Happy1 20:56 23 Sep 03

In my incoming emails and other correspondence a funny looking y now appears instead of £ sign. Is it me or is there another reason for this please? I have only noticed this over the past week or so.

rawprawn 21:31 23 Sep 03

I'm not sure about incoming emails, but go to control Panel/Regional & Language options & make sure the language Selected is English (United Kingdom)Click OK.This is assuming your OS is Windows XP

Happy1 21:47 23 Sep 03

Everything is fine. When I type £ it prints out as such so can't think why this phenomenum.

graham√ 21:49 23 Sep 03

It's all due to the new European Community standardisation regulations.

Happy1 21:51 23 Sep 03

Thanks for that I was getting a bit worried. Thought I may have contracted some dreaded bug.

VoG II 21:51 23 Sep 03

What e-mail client?

What program is used for "other correspondence"?

Happy1 21:53 23 Sep 03

I use Webmail from BT. Also has been happening on orders sent to me from Choices Direct. and Genealogy emails.

VoG II 21:56 23 Sep 03

I'm not sure that graham√ was being entirely serious.

As somebody involved (in a minor way) in EU standardization, I can assure you that the £ would have been replaced with something far worse than a "y"; you would have had to specify what Level, Class and Type of £ you wanted, and agree to third party certification before downloading the e-mail.

Happy1 21:59 23 Sep 03

I have just looked at the email from this site telling me that I had an answer to my question and it is the same on there. The y instead of y the second y has a dot above it. (for the pound sign)

VoG II 22:06 23 Sep 03

I really don't know the answer to this unless you are (unwittingly) reading e-mails etc. using a strange font, or a font has become corrupted.

Happy1 22:30 23 Sep 03

Thanks I will look into that. It is all a bit weird. San

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…