why is this site so slow?? takes for ever to load

second best 17:53 15 Sep 03

that's all really!

MAJ 17:55 15 Sep 03

Because it's so popular, second best, heavy traffic.

roy 18:33 15 Sep 03

If you have Zone Alarm installed I think you may be experiencing the same problem that I posted about here click here

Hope that this helps.

Valvegrid 18:37 15 Sep 03

Also try turning off the scripts in tools>internet options>security. I find this does speed things up on IE5.5 or 6. The only thig that won't work is the 'jump too' link at the bottom with the script off.

Paul.

second best 18:37 15 Sep 03

thnx maj but i've been using this site for nearly 2 years now, and i'e just upgraded to 512 bb. it is very slow. i mean 2 or 3 minutes or 5 in total to load the page, log on, my postings. then add discussion. very long. thougth there might be a prob with server, but i guess you're right.
roy, i am not using zone alarm, bu tthnxs anyway. was more of a query than a suspect problem at my end

citadel 18:43 15 Sep 03

I find it loads up in less than a minute, I have a bt dial up currently working at 45333bps.

second best 18:46 15 Sep 03

that's what i mean citadel, i had dial up until 2 weeks ago and now it takes forefver to laod. only with this site

second best 18:48 15 Sep 03

valvegrid, i have disabled script on a couple of things, ,not quite sure which ones now, buti hope it's ok. anyway seems to be workking, loads right away, thnx all

Valvegrid 18:53 15 Sep 03

BTW don't forget to switch 'em back on when visiting other sites, they will be needed!

Paul.

roy 19:23 15 Sep 03

second best

I don't know why this just happened to me either but I think you may still cure it by making your pc accept cookies from this site.

Go to Tools/Internet Options click on Privacy.
Either reduce your cookie level to low or none or click on Edit and add the website (click here) and click as allow (cookies)

If this doesn't help then I am afraid I am stumped. Best of luck.

Roy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…