WHY SHOULD I USE OUTLOOK EXPRESS ??

RKMonty 18:41 18 Aug 05

Hi....
Currently I use Outlook Express to access my BLUEYONDER.co.uk email accounts.
I'm having connection problems with my Outlook Express...and I'm asking myself do I really need Outlook Express ????
BLUEYONDER email accounts and my other GMAIL email accounts are both WEBMAIL so I can access account from any pc.

Would be grateful if there's anything I'm missing. Thanks as always...........

For info I'm on Telewest Broadband and use Windows XP

seedie 18:45 18 Aug 05

you don't have to use OE.

You can access webmail from a browser e.g firefox, Opera etc.

CD

geewis357 18:51 18 Aug 05

run a google serch for incredimail and download the free version it has lots to offer

Stuartli 18:58 18 Aug 05

Outlook Express uses Internet Explorer configuration so you should check out your settings there first.

989Terry 20:06 18 Aug 05

When you are not able to access your email are you still able to use your browser OK.?
Check that first. If you can access neither it is my experience that Telewest Broadband drops it connection fairly frequently and unannounced.
If you ring the status helpline this is usually way out of date as well regarding email servers down.
If you are able to access through Oulook Express later in the day it is almost certainly this.

RKMonty 20:12 18 Aug 05

Have contacted Telewest....and they say the connection problems is to do with my Firewall. I have Norton installed and...maybe a recent update has caused this ??

989Terry 20:30 18 Aug 05

Strange instant diagnosis by Telewest.
Most sensible people have a firewall installed.
Anyway to prove that just right click on the icon in the system tray and "disable Norton Internet Security" that will prove that point.
Perhaps they suggested this though ?
The blueyonder instant support tool does a diagnosis on your Oulook email connection and sends back a test message. This can be dowmloaded from their site if you dont have it.

RKMonty 21:00 18 Aug 05

Thanks Terry....did switch off Firewall for a minute and it connected Outlook Express OK...and downloaded a few emails....so it must be my firewall in Norton. Don't know what changed tho'.
When I spoke to Telewest and said I also had problems also with Instant Support...they said don't worry about that !!.

woodchip 21:35 18 Aug 05

Use Netscape there's a Mail agent in that. I use it

RKMonty 21:56 18 Aug 05

Many thanks for all your help and views.....Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…