why a secondry graphics card?

notmeguv 09:38 22 May 05

i bought a radeon 9800xt over a year ago and have never had a problem with it, but heres my question ive often wondered... why in device manager does it say radeon 9800xt and a radeon 9800xt-secondry??? is this right or have i installed something wrong, can i uninstall the secondry or disable it? is having it there affecting my computer at all??? any help will be great, thanks!

Totally-braindead 10:06 22 May 05

No its normal, I can't explain properly why its right but its because of the way it works. If you leave this thread open I'm sure someone will explain it to your satisfaction.

TomJerry 10:15 22 May 05

if you check it, you can find you can connect two monitors with the card or one monitor and one TV, this is why it has two display drivers

selfbuild 10:23 22 May 05

The secondary display device is just that.... you have the option to add another display by means of connecting it to either the spare D-Sub, DVI or the s-video port on the back of of your graphics card... which ever you have... My 9700 Pro has got DVI, D-Sub and s-video connections on the back of it but I can only use two at the same time.

The Primary monitor is the one you use from day to day, but you have the option to connect another monitor or even TV if you want/need too and use that at the same time or just the secondary monitor/TV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…