Why post in beginners

Terry Brown 15:52 PM 13 Feb 12

I have noticed a few posts where advise has been sought about upgrades-rebuilt or other technical questions that a 'Beginner' would not encounter.

To me : A beginner is someone who has bought a computer and wants to know more about how to use it, not rebuilds and upgrades.

Surly this is more for the help-room.

Terry

lotvic 21:46 PM 13 Feb 12

Why can't you be a 'beginner' at rebuilds and upgrades?

To me, a post in beginners means 'please answer in simple terms, I might not understand the technical terms etc'

Whereas, in the general Helproom it is assumed you have some knowledge and will understand more technical terms.

frybluff 08:39 AM 14 Feb 12

I agree with lotvic. "Helproom" is a good place to get technical advice on a technical subject. Someone posting a response is going to assume you have a "reasonable" understanding of the subject. If you haven't got ANY expertise in the subject, it is better to post in "Absolute Beginners", where you are more likely to get answers/advice in terms you can understand.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…