Why poor memory performance score?

6652 03:29 03 Oct 06

I just purchased an HP a1630n desktop system, which was just released in August. I have run pc pitstop test several times and get a 42% of normal rating on memory performance. The rest of the system rates very well. I was wonderering if there are any ideas as to what might be the reason for the low score. Here are the system specs:
Asus MB
AMD 64 Live! 4600+ processor
2G of factory installed ddr2 ram
250G HD
Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE video with up to 256M shared memory

I have since added 2 1G ddr2 modules and the overall rating for the system went up just a little, but the memory rating is still down in th 40 percentile.

One other thing I noticed is that task manager performance only reports about 3.6G of the 4G installed, although pc pitstop shows all the memory.

Thanks ahead of time for any imput

Jack

AndySD 04:53 03 Oct 06

Is the 42% reading for the Video Memory if so thats to be expected as shares RAM is not as fast as Dedicated RAM built into a seperate Video Card. Aso the shared RAM will be removed from the total RAM installed.

6652 05:00 03 Oct 06

AndySD,
The 42% rating is for the system memory and the rating stayed about the same from the initial test with 2G, then after I added 1G, and then still about the same after adding another 1G bringing total ram to 4G the maximum the system can have. I was wondering if you know of any other memory tests online, so I can compare results?

Thanks,

Jack

AndySD 05:26 03 Oct 06

You can try Sandra click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…