why not a edit?

Chronos 11:31 02 Apr 04

over the years on the PCA site it has often come up, why can we not have a edit?, nothing worse than posting, then having a look only to find one has made a pigs ear out of it...

oh well, it was worth asking.......

Pesala 14:39 02 Apr 04

I agree it would be handy sometimes, but it would probably slow things down. This site is far busier than most.

The ability to delete duplicate threads might save some load on the servers, but I suspect that the cons would outweigh the pros, otherwise it would have been implemented already.

No use asking really. The forum's designers will have heard and considered all such wishes before, and will have designed it as they think best. Making changes to such a huge site is a mammoth task, and it has be updated twice recently.

It is good to get into the habit of spell-checking before posting. Opera 7.50 now has spell-check with Aspell. If you need a spell-checker for IE try Ispell or Tiny Spell.

GaT7 15:05 02 Apr 04

Good point & something I've always wanted. But as Pesala mentions it could slow the site & the 'upgrade' could be time/resource consuming. This Forum doesn't come with all the bells & whistles like many others do but I really like it here. Keep up the good work, lads & lasses!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…