Why is my USB hub not working?

kimtrnc 13:21 PM 01 Nov 11

Until a couple of weeks ago, I was able to use either of my graphics tablets, in order to use Corel Painter 12. Both subsequently decided they would not play.

I thought the hub must have packed up (standard AC powered from mains)So I assumed the USB stick had packed up - if only it had been that simple! - and bought another hub. Neither of my tablets will work. The new hub has a lot of pretty blue lights, but doesn't actually do anything!

Now, I used to assume that I could solve MOST problems, but clearly I am now virtually senile. Could I have inadvertently turned something off? Any other ideas? I really need my drawing pad, as I am fortunate enough to sell some of my work. Anybody have any ideas, please.(Running XPSP2-never a problem before!)

gengiscant 13:30 PM 01 Nov 11

Any chance of trying your tablets and/or hubs on another PC to rule out faults with either?

compumac 13:54 PM 01 Nov 11

System Restore?

compumac 13:55 PM 01 Nov 11

Plug tablets direct into PC USB and bypass the hub, do they then work?

kimtrnc 15:41 PM 01 Nov 11

System Restore - yes.

Otherwise,don't know!I think it may be a problem with my new Pixma, which doesn't want to run on XP. And no,I DO NOT intend to go back to 7 - I HATE it. Thanks for your advice.lads - I will let you know how I do!

compumac 16:03 PM 01 Nov 11

Did you try plugging tablet direct into PC and not through the hub?

wee eddie 19:01 PM 01 Nov 11

First things first.

Upgrade to Windows XP Sp3. It is probably necessary for the Pixima and also for the Graphics Tablets.

Question: Do you know if your USB Ports are USB1 or USB2?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:12 PM 01 Nov 11

Ghost device conflicts can occur for devices that are plugged in and out like USB sticks external drives graphic pads etc.

Remove all USB devices

Download and run USB device View

Uninstall ALL devices that are shown as not connected.

Reboot the machine.

Plug in your USB device and windows should then find new hardware and reinstall the drivers for the device.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off