Why is Mozilla so slow?

Glen 20:43 18 Jan 07

(A)
It takes an age for Mozilla Firefox or Thunderbird to open (Say 40 to 50 seconds with no other applications open). On the other hand IE.6 and Outlook Express both open in 5 to 8 seconds. Can anyone tell me why, and can I switch off any of their functions to speed them up?
(B)
This slow-down was the same before I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 (180d trial) - it has not had any effect in opening the programs, but now I regulary get freeze-ups, and my 3 1/2 Floppy drive rattles very frequently now. KIS6 should not be slowing down or interupting my internet, as I seem to have sufficient resources. ( I have Win98SE, Processor 600, memory 191 MB.) Any ideas?

Glen

STREETWORK 20:56 18 Jan 07

Try and close all unwanted application.

Also shut down any items on the task bar that you do not need

Press Ctrl Alt Del together after you have click to open monzilla and check the performance tab to see what the CPU usage is...

Post Back

EJ1947 21:08 18 Jan 07

Not sure this will help solve the problem but will dispel your pc spec being at the root of it.
I have exactly the same scenario with mozilla but have a far higher spec pc. Nothing untoward running in the background. Tried for months to find a solution but haven't succeeded.
Best of luck :-(

i've found this helps click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…