Why Is Microsoft Outlook my default mail?

Connaught 09:13 16 Apr 05

I use Outlook Express for my email system and I have Outlook for my Contracts and Calendar and various other notes.

OE is fine until I come to click on an email address in the body of a message or a website address when nothing apparently happens so I have to copy and paste to use OE and Explorer. I discovered that Microsoft Outlook is stealing the scene and I should be very garteful to know how I can disable the Email component of Microsoft Outlook so that OE is the default program and also how can I get direct into Explorer when I click on the website addresses quoted in for instance an incoming email.

Thanks

Connaught

VoG II 09:21 16 Apr 05

In Internet Explorer, Tools/Internet Options, Programs tab ans set OE as the default e-mail program.

For the non-working links click here - this applies to OE as well as Outlook.

Connaught 06:24 17 Apr 05

Thank you VoG. Have tried your route to set OE as default but the only one available on the scroll button is Outlook. Is there another way to break through this?

Will leave the links until I have OE as default.

Hope you can help me further.

Connaught

VoG II 08:48 17 Apr 05

In OE, Tools/Options, General tab, Make Default Button.

VoG II 18:17 18 Apr 05
  Connaught 09:53 02 May 05

Thank you VoG

I have followed your advice but it still does not work. Is there any way of removing the mail component from Outlook?

01chris 10:10 02 May 05

start then set program access and defaults then make sure the custom tab is selected, open it and under email program make sure OE is selected as default.

Connaught 10:21 02 May 05

THank you 01Chris,

Under email there is only the 'current email' program to select that may or may not be OE.

01chris 11:38 02 May 05

export all your contacts to OE and use a third party calendar program then completely uninstall Outlook

Connaught 13:27 02 May 05

Thank you again. You did help because I was able to select Explorer in the custom menu and now Explorer responds to mouse clicks on addresses in eg emails. Thanks for that. For the test, it is a bit drastic but probably necessary. The problem is that Outlook is synchronised with my PDA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…