Why is a low battery shutdown classed disruptive

mooly 12:08 09 Jul 09

On Vista I have my critical battery level set at 5% and shutdown as the desired response when that level is reached.
I did unwittingly reach that point yesterday and the notebook shut down smoothly, no problems at all.
However Reliability monitor has taken a hit (points knocked of the score lol) and the reason, disruptive shutdown.
Why ? It's just doing what it's supposed to. Is there any risk of file corruption etc. when this happens.

Technotiger 12:50 09 Jul 09

Only guessing, but if it shut-down in the middle of a Writing procedure, then I would not be surprised if it caused a problem.

mooly 17:45 09 Jul 09

This must be something that happens all the time.
Mine was only sat doing nothing at the time, I was actually wondering if I had time to run and plug it in, but it beat me to it lol.
Seriously though, I did wonder why it was classed as disruptive, when it seemed to be a proper shutdown procedure that it did. Warning message about low battery, screen dimmed, it went to logging off etc, bit of HDD activity for 10 or 15 seconds as normal during a shutdown, then a few seconds with just the power light on... all normal... before finally completely shutting down.
Good old Vista :)

tullie 17:56 09 Jul 09

Dont blame Vista if you forgot.

mooly 18:02 09 Jul 09

"Dont blame Vista if you forgot."

Vista is without doubt, the most...................... wonderful, best-est ! operating system yet released. Time for tea methinks.

MAT ALAN 18:06 09 Jul 09

Time for tea methinks. therapy more like LOL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017