why is it that vista always fails to update?

AL47 15:47 23 Aug 08

ive just had a look at my updates box, usually does them automatically, ive got about 23 which wont go in, and some are from earlier 2008, was looking for sp1 but cant see it!

why do so many fail?

BurrWalnut 16:10 23 Aug 08

If you cannot update using windows update or they keep failing, this is known to help in some cases:
Go to Internet Options > Security Tab > 'Trusted sites' icon > click Sites then uncheck 'Require server verification'. Now add these 2 sites http://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.com and http://*.windowsupdate.com.
Click Close, Apply and OK.

You havenā€˜t stated an error number but look here for specific error messages click here

Specific error 0x8007000b click here

Errors 0x80072EE2, 0x80072EE7, 0x80072EFD, 0x80072F76, 0x80072F78 click here

AL47 16:15 23 Aug 08

error is one i cant find, 8000ffff, well thats the first error

AL47 16:19 23 Aug 08

scratch that, its 800706ba, didnt even know they give error codes

AL47 16:45 23 Aug 08

apparently well i downloaded a tool that was menat to fix it, said it didnt need fixing! so i am stuck

BurrWalnut 19:02 23 Aug 08

You could try stopping the Windows Update service, rename the software distribution folder then restart the service, as follows:
Make sure you are logged on as an Administrator and click the Windows Orb (Start) > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Services then right-click the Windows Update service then click Stop.

Click the Windows Orb (Start), type %windir% in the Start Search box and then press Enter. Locate and rename the SoftwareDistribution folder to, say, SoftwareDistributionOLD. By renaming the folder your update history will appear to have been erased as it is not presented to the Windows Update Site, which may or may not be important to you.

Click the Windows Orb (Start) > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Services (Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so) then right-click the Windows Update service then click Start. Try to download the missing updates again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…