Why is it so difficult to Update Details?

pj123 22:01 04 Apr 03

some time ago I changed my email address from AOL to NTL, but keeping my same nickname and password. all i did was click on update details and on the form changed my email address and left everything else unchanged. Everything went smoothly and i now log in under my new email address but the password and nickname remained the same.

Someone has now posted a thread trying to do the same thing but wants to keep their same nickname and password but the change is not being accepted.

I tried it again today (04/04/2003) and i found that it doesn't work any more. i had to re register under a different email address, a different nickname and was sent a different password by email. I received an email with my new details but only the email address and password were different, my nickname is still my old nickname. so any response I make to postings still come under pj123 when the nickname i registered as new was eagle1????

why???

Rtus 22:24 04 Apr 03

Pca servers remembered your monica's Finger prints ??? maybe LOL ...All went as It should when I changed Isp & email addy but that too was some time back ..

Installer. 22:24 04 Apr 03

login under new email address and then change username, and alter password if you want.

pj123 22:35 04 Apr 03

Doesn't work. When i try to enter my old username and password I am told that they are already in use. Of course they are, they are mine>????

pj123 09:36 07 Apr 03

Seems there was a glitch in the "update details" system.

The FE has very kindly re-instated all my old details for me and I am now back on the air. (as they say) Well its cable really.

I will post this response and then tick as resolved.

Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…