Why is it free

Nanny Lynn 19:25 15 Oct 06

My ISP is AOL but since I have been "WIRELESS" I can access the internet though MSN and internet Explorer so why am I paying £30 a month when I can get it for free??? or am I missing something here??
Not a computer whizz so please dont baffle me with PC jargon
Thanks

postie24 19:41 15 Oct 06

No you wont be gettihg it free just because you are using wireless.You are still using aol.Make sure your not connecting up to someone elses network by mistake when your wireless.Make sure your network is secured with a form of encryption.wpa is best

Mr Mistoffelees 19:43 15 Oct 06

Yes you are missing something. Although you can use diferent internet broswers, like MSN or Internet Explorer, your connection to the internet is still via AOL's broadband service.

SANTOS7 19:47 15 Oct 06

Hey nanny Lynn, MSN and Explorer are just tools you use while you are connected to the internet with AOL
to do diferent things with.
one question i would ask is why you are paying £30 quid which seems an awfull lot compared to other Service providers..

Nanny Lynn 19:48 15 Oct 06

Ok thanks .... So I wont be £30 a month better off

Nanny Lynn 19:49 15 Oct 06

Well I have always have been with AOL and to make a change is scary

postie24 19:51 15 Oct 06

Dont be scared a change will save you money.

SANTOS7 19:54 15 Oct 06

I agree with postie24, shop around there are some superb deals out there that could save money..

postie24 19:56 15 Oct 06

Nanny lynn.i pay £16.99 a month for bt broadband

ed-0 20:18 15 Oct 06

tiscali is £12.99 for 1Mb service click here. You do not have to pick the telephone service to go with it. You would need to buy a wireless roter to go with it though.

I use the 2Mb service with all local and national calls for free. This costs me £19.99 a month.

It certainly is financially better, just on phone calls my BT bill used to be around £250 a quarter, including line rental but excluding broadband.

Well pleased.

Nanny Lynn 20:29 15 Oct 06

All
Thanks for your replies. Goodness I always thought these sort of forums were... well I dont know what I thought ... You have all been a great help ... and yes I think I will look around for a cheaper ISP
Nanny Lynn
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…