Why is IE better than FireFox

Bravo2Red 13:30 21 Oct 07

Why is IE better than FireFox?

thedogisdead3 13:39 21 Oct 07

> Firefox is super customisable. I am using the Littlefox theme, meaning my browser is super teeny-tiny.

> The average IE user has installed so many daft toolbars and things that they are viewing the internet through a postage stamp sized window.

> The security settings are great and my browsing habits disappear each time I shut firefox down.

> I have NoScript installed so all of those ridiculous flash ads which make your system go nuts won't bother me at all.

> It has a built in search bar to which you can add as many search engines as you like.

> The download manager is extremely useful.

> It remembers your session if your system crashes.

> It's open source and I only use open source software on my machine- it won't tinker with the DNA of your PC

> You can download a portable version for your USB stick

Basically, it can be the browser you want it to be.

xxxx

firefox everyday, more secure and very tweekable!

birdface 13:49 21 Oct 07

Since the IE7 Pro pop up and flash stopper arrive.I have left Firefox and am quite happy back with Internet Explorer.

dogbreath1 14:11 21 Oct 07

The tab feature in IE is a dog.

Doesn't matter to me which browser I use, as long as it does what I need...and IE simply doesn't.

i tried it once and it seemed to load the new page under the existing one? what's that all about or was i using it wrong?

Stuartli 14:27 21 Oct 07

What leads you to that view?

Some of us will disagree.....

Forum Editor 14:27 21 Oct 07

Well, is it?

Whether or not you think one is better than the other is largely a matter of personal preference. If you take a look at the results of the current forum poll you'll see that the two browsers are running pretty close to each other in the vote.

Worldwide, there's no doubt that Internet Explorer still has the lion's share of the browser market, but FireFox has been steadily eroding that advantage over the past three years. All browser statistics are slight suspect, because many servers don't accurately identify new versions.

In the end it's up to you to choose the browser that suits you, and don't listen too closely to the people who tell you that this or that browser is a security risk. All browsers are vulnerable, and if you see more reports of security issues relating to one particular browser it may well be because more people use it - the true test is to view security breaches as a percentage of the total user base, and it's not possible to get accurate information about that.

Internet Explorer comes in for a fair bit of stick largely because it's a Microsoft product, and there are a lot of people out there who want to see anything which emanates from Microsoft as the personification of evil.

Stuartli 14:28 21 Oct 07

See the current PCA poll's return from the left hand column.

rawprawn 14:48 21 Oct 07

I am just trying out the new version of Opera, and I am impressed. I have been using Firefox but had some problems with delay in closing web pages.pI am particilarly impressed with Opera Speed Dial facility.
click here

woodchip 16:03 21 Oct 07

As FE on this on, But I do think That Virus writers target the Main browsers most so they get more hits

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac