Why is Hotmail running so SSSSLLLOOOOWWW??

mattyc_92 19:02 15 Feb 05

The title for this thread says it all.... Why is Hotmail so slow lately... Between 7am - 1pm it is up to normal speeds... But after 1pm, it is slow as anything.... Surely, if loads of members are now on Hotmail, shouldn't they update their servers???

What do you lot think??

Diodorus Siculus 19:11 15 Feb 05

I've not noticed anything untoward - have just logged on now with no problems using dial up.

Mail opens as does the calendar with no delay...

mattyc_92 19:13 15 Feb 05

Hi, it's probably becuase you are on dial-up so you don't notice..... Hotmail normally loads up in 5 seconds with all the images and that loaded as well (once I have logged in), but after 1pm, it takes me up to 2 minutes to log in...

VoG II 19:16 15 Feb 05

A couple of seconds here, cable broadband.

end 19:17 15 Feb 05

have just logged into and opened mine to test it for this thread , and no problems and very fast all things considered; am on BB :)

Diodorus Siculus 19:18 15 Feb 05

Logging in takes only a few seconds - honestly. I do have a highly modified hosts file which blocks a lot of images / ads so that may be making a difference.

It takes nowhere near two minutes though - after going to hotmail.com, I can enter my address / password and read mail in a few seconds.

Are you on hotmail.com or .co.uk?

stuc100 19:20 15 Feb 05

I can't get into hotmail fullstop>>>>.

mattyc_92 19:20 15 Feb 05

.com and I am accessing hotmail through the msn.co.uk home page and not typing in hotmail.com in the address field.... Will try typing in hotmail.com in address field and see what happens... Back in a minute (pabably in 3... lol)

mattyc_92 19:22 15 Feb 05

50 seconds and still loading the page...

mattyc_92 19:23 15 Feb 05

around a minute and 10 seconds to load from hotmail.com.... Thats around twice the speed as I get from the link that is on the msn site

Chezdez 19:24 15 Feb 05

i assume that hotmail is the only slow loading page?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…