Why have my file names turned blue?

Maiden. 10:51 08 May 08

Several months ago the file names in my Windows Explorer windows changed to blue for most of my personal files. This includes mp3's, jpeg's, Word files, and Excel files.

At first I thought it was just older files that had turned blue, but it seems to happen with some newer files, too. I haven't been able to work out the pattern to determine why some files are blue and others are still black.

All the files seem to be fine, but I would like to know why the file names are now blue. I am concerned that this might be indicating a problem with the files that I have not yet discovered.

Thanks

ventanas 10:56 08 May 08

Usually signifies that the file is encrypted or compressed. Have you run disk clean up and chosen to compress old or little used files?

birdface 10:59 08 May 08

Googled.click here=

VoG II 11:00 08 May 08
  TonyW2 17:27 08 May 08

Nothing to worry about. Just that file has been "tidied up" to save space on your disc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…