Why have I got a 'keylogger'

Halmer 20:07 31 Oct 05

I spent a couple of hours at the weekend cleaning out my PC. I also ran Spybot, Adaware, Spywaredoctor and A2. I have spywareblaster also loaded.

As a final check I ran Trend Micro's online spyware scan and it found a 'keylogger'. I can't remember what it was called sorry. Trend Micro has removed it for me without charge.

1. Should I be worried?
2. Why didn't one of the others pick it up or stop it in the first place?

I also have AVG free and Zone Alarm and don't visit any daft sites.

stalion 20:10 31 Oct 05

firewall on?

Dan the Doctus 20:12 31 Oct 05

1. No.

2. Different scanners will nearly always pick up things others don't.

No need to worry about keyloggers - they're all over the place and don't do any harm to 99.9% of users.

Halmer 20:12 31 Oct 05

ZA is on and showing traffic so I'm assuming that it is working OK. I also have all the settings high.

Halmer 20:13 31 Oct 05

because I can't get it to stay on!

PaulB2005 20:36 31 Oct 05

"No need to worry about keyloggers - they're all over the place and don't do any harm to 99.9% of users."

Unless you type in credit card details with one running....

Dan the Doctus 20:46 31 Oct 05

"Unless you type in credit card details with one running...."

99.9% of users do type in credit card details with one running and it doesn't make a jot of difference.

PaulB2005 20:48 31 Oct 05

"99.9% of users do type in credit card details with one running and it doesn't make a jot of difference."

LOL - right. Where did you get that "fact" from?

stalion 20:50 31 Oct 05

info about keyloggers they are not harmless
click here

DuncanG 20:53 31 Oct 05

Bad information is worse than no information. Key loggers are a real problem and a growing one at that. Do not discount them, unless you dont mind a spot of identity theft.

Dan the Doctus 20:54 31 Oct 05

If people are going to start getting paranoid about keyloggers then they should refrain from using a PC. They are extremely common forms of malware and nothing to be worried about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…