Why is this Forum so addictive?

Sheila-214876 17:31 19 Dec 03

I only registered a few days ago (mainly because I get PA Advisor Magazine every month) just to see what is there. I thought I didn't have the knowledge to respond to anyone so I will just browse to see. Already I have made 14 responses, whether they have helped or not I don't know, but does it matter. You give a response on your own experience, knowledge or just a comment, along with lots of others. If it works, fine, if it doesn't someone else's might. I will keep logging on.

Forum Editor 17:39 19 Dec 03

on board - I hope you'll find our forum experience is a happy one. Feel free to email with if you have any problems/questions about the way things work - use the 'Contact the Forum Editor' icon in the blue panel at top left of this page.

Djohn 17:41 19 Dec 03

Welcome to the forum ennuye. Everyone has some knowledge to pass on to others, no matter how new they are to PC's.

It's good to see some basic questions posted and new members should never be shy in asking for help. [I might be able to give an answer then!] :o)

Once again, welcome and a Merry Christmas to you.

rawprawn 17:42 19 Dec 03

The reason is it is full of like minded people who would like to know/give computer knowledge. It is friedly clean & helpful. Merry Xmas
Dennis

Big Elf 17:46 19 Dec 03

You can often get a glow of satisfaction when you've helped someone. I don't glow much, I usually get it wrong:0)

Djohn 17:50 19 Dec 03

Big Elf, None of us get it wrong! Just that we sometimes don't get it quite as right as it should be. ;o)

Diemmess 17:51 19 Dec 03

Nicely put Big Elf. the glow makes up for the squirm when you offer duff info.

I've always had real and rapid help here, and I think just talking through a problem often offers a "third" way of solving it

Big Elf 17:51 19 Dec 03

I often don't even get close to a near miss of an estimated approximation.

cable-ties 17:57 19 Dec 03

its nice to know that there is a free and extremely helpful site like this available to old hands and newbies alike. as a relative newcomer to computing i find it comforting to know there is someone out there who will help me when i mess up (not hard for me). All that is expected is a green tick and a thank you. I have often found answers by browsing posts from others. Does make me a watcher?
Merry xmas to all who visit this site.

VoG II 18:07 19 Dec 03

Addictive? Never!

Chegs ® 18:12 19 Dec 03

I come here to read thru threads and discover what delights my puter has planned for me.Each time I get probs,I cannot get online to read thru ways to cure my latest glitches,but its always interesting to read up on just how I should of effected the cure. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…