Why is this forum 5 minutes fast???

Thomo1 23:53 03 Jan 05

When i post a message the time indicated is always 5 minutes faster than what my clock shows.

It does not matter what time i change my PC clock too, this forums timer always shows my posts as posted 5 minutes later than what the time actually is!!!

Why???

PurplePenny 23:58 03 Jan 05

Hmm .. I've just set my PC clock from my radio controlled clock so lets see. I will post at 23.54

Night Ryder 00:00 04 Jan 05

Hadn't noticed this before. I just refreshed the forum page a couple of times over the last five minutes and noticed the time displayed on the top of the page has not changed.

Thomo1 00:04 04 Jan 05

lol yours is 4 minutes fast!!!! hehehe

i noticed it the other day but just thaught i had too much new year pop!!!!

woodchip 00:09 04 Jan 05

Does it matter or nothing else to do?????

woodchip 00:09 04 Jan 05

Don't think FBI will need to know

Salinger 00:11 04 Jan 05

If you wait a couple of days it'll be 60 mins fast, going by past experience.

Thomo1 00:12 04 Jan 05

"or nothing else to do"?????

spot on.

tv is crap, mrs is akip and im nocturnal!!!!

hehehehe

Thomo1 00:14 04 Jan 05

"Don't think FBI will need to know"

Not just yet anyhow!!!................ However if there is a massive surge in replies then they may need to be aware of the situation so they can monitor!!!

Forum Editor 01:02 04 Jan 05

if, full of care we have no time to stand and stare?

It doesn't seem that long ago when everyone had to wind their watches up each night, and precise timing was confined to the BBC pips and the 8:05 a.m. Portsmouth harbour train from Godalming (where I lived in my early working life) to Waterloo.

Things have changed since then of course. Now we worry about a web server's clock being a couple of minutes slow or fast, and the Godalming to Waterloo train probably arrives when it feels like it.

That's progress, as they say and at the moment I feel we have a few more important things in our lives than the time on our server clock - although thanks for mentioning it - I have logged it as something to be attended to.

Thomo1 01:05 04 Jan 05

"It doesn't seem that long ago when everyone had to wind their watches up each night, and precise timing was confined to the BBC pips and the 8:05 a.m. Portsmouth harbour train from Godalming (where I lived in my early working life) to Waterloo."

showing your age now!!!!! lol

closed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…