Why don't you finish what you started ?

Belatucadrus 11:15 14 Jun 03
Answered

A little note to people that post questions and then vanish into the ether, please let those that tried to help you know what happened. If the problems solved fine tell us what did the job, others may find it useful. If you have the answer you required USE THE GREEN TICK !

Capital letters is seen by informal forum protocol as shouting and rather rude.

The Spires 11:35 14 Jun 03

It would be nice I agree, if it's possible.

ton 12:34 14 Jun 03

Yes, there are hundreds of threads with answers from people who try to help, but no final reply from the person with the problem.

One can only assume that the problem is solved, but by which answer?

Not finishing the thread DOESN'T exactly encourage people to help.

If people don't help, we don't have a forum.

Jester2K II 13:06 14 Jun 03

So you going to tick this one then?? :-)

Some people come in get the answer and then never both coming back to say thanks or put the tick in the box. Thats life. Some are more considerate that others.....

Forum Editor 13:53 14 Jun 03

to do exactly what we would like them to do. Over the life of the forum we must have had dozens of threads like this one, and it would be great if each thread was ticked as resolved, but as Jester2K II says - That's life.

Belatucadrus 15:21 14 Jun 03
Answer

Am I going to tick this ? Of course, to fail would make me rather a hypocrite wouldn't it. FE I accept that it's life, if it got to me that much I'd have given up months ago. However a reasonably worded request for people to be polite and respond to the advice and help given FOC by forum members every day, is not I think unreasonable.

Jester2K II 15:36 14 Jun 03

It just bumps those problems to the top and the person concerned still probably won't tick it... If theres no response let it die....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…