why don't some postee's come back?

Magik ®© 15:18 01 May 05

yes,I know it has been posted before, but what ever happens to those who ask for help, some of our knowledgeable members take the trouble to reply, and that is the last that is heard of those that wanted the help in the first place.

even if they only reply by saying, "dont talk like a dickhead" or words to that effect.. at least others would know..

ok, rant over.......

anchor 15:24 01 May 05

Indeed; we all learn by reading these problems, and how they are finally settled.

Sometimes threads are even ticked "resolved" without any explanation.

Technotiger 15:24 01 May 05

Hi, I concure -

click here

Cheers.

Technotiger 15:25 01 May 05

Oooops - concur !!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:25 01 May 05

maybe they forgot their login name ans password and could not get back on the site?

Annoying to answer questions and not see an answer from the postee

Forum Editor 15:30 01 May 05

and it's always been so - ever since we first started.

Many people don't seem to feel it necessary to offer thanks, or even to confirm that a suggested solution worked. There's nothing you, or we, can do about it.

pj123 15:41 01 May 05

I think they are so happy to have had their problem solved. As anchor says lots of threads are ticked as resolved without any information and also lots of threads are resolved but never ticked.

I think we just have to live with it.

I regularly run through "My Postings" to see if I have missed any that have been resolved without being ticked. Hopefully, I catch them all, but if anyone finds one that hasn't been ticked please remind me.

woodchip 16:05 01 May 05

Don't know they never come back to ask them

Flying Teddy 17:12 01 May 05

None of us is perfect; and as FE says, that's life.

Over the time that I have been (spasmodically) using this board I have had the priveledge (spelling?) of having access to a huge pool of knowledge willingly and freely given. Like pj123, and the vast majority of other users, I try and make sure that I acknowledge the assistance I am given; I am usually overwhelmed by the generosity of board users. Also, I benefit a great deal just from reading others' problems and their solutions, some of which appply to me, most of which generally add to my own knowledge base.

If I have failed to acknowledge assistance, then it's probably because I'm up to my g**lies in an horrendous emergency, or my problem has increased to an extent that www access is impossible. Those are reasons, they are not excuses. If either is the case I apologise unreservedly to any and all contributers.

So if the board is to carry on as the extremely valuable resource that it undoubtedly is then can I humbly suggest that the providers of solutions be content to bask on the moral high ground when positive feedback is not forthcoming.

To give and not to count the cost...?

stalion 18:32 01 May 05

it's the same as a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow

rawprawn 19:08 01 May 05

Lack of common courtesy seems to be the norm nowadays, it's a great shame but I'm afraid we must accept it.From my point of view it is not knowing what definately solved the problem posed that is the worst aspect, for example click here
It would have been nice to know which of the alternatives solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…