Why don't I understand????

JaneAttwood 16:29 06 May 10

My broad band spped was rubbish so i renegotiated with Tiscali (your very good advice!) and they upgraded me. My average speed is no download 6.15 mbs and upload 0.4 mbs HOWEVER my machine now seems really slow!

I have run WinASO registry optimiser, Glary Utilities, Malwarebytes Anti malware and SuperAntispyware.

Now I'm stumped - can anyone help.

PLUS - how did I end up with alot browser instead of google? Did i press a wrong button at some point?

And finally - why has an icon called browswer choice appeared on my machine?

Sea Urchin 16:37 06 May 10

Quite probably the ALot toolbar is slowing your speed down - this tells you how to remove it (scroll down the page for removal instructions)

click here

tullie 16:37 06 May 10

Dont understand your last bit,IE,Firefox etc are browsers,Google is a search engine

Sea Urchin 16:38 06 May 10

Browser Choice was an update from Microsoft - they have been required by the European Union to make it clear to people that there are other browsers available besides Internet Explorer.

VoG II 16:38 06 May 10

Finally click here

To disable click here

Sea Urchin 16:40 06 May 10

The ALot toolbar has replaced the Google toolbar I guess :@)

JaneAttwood 16:47 06 May 10

As usual you have sorted my problem - THANK YOU!!

ps sorry about the browser/search engine confusion - middle aged women can only take on so much info!!! x

Sea Urchin 16:52 06 May 10

In less than 20 minutes - that's not bad :@)
Glad it's sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…