Why Doesnt Mediaplayer Work

gcs_uk 09:57 25 Mar 03

For some reason Windows Mediaplayer doesnt seem to work - every time i open it the toolbar at the bottom of the screen shows that it is open but the actual program doesnt open - so cant choose what music to play - anyone know why this is happening.

I have tried restarting my machine but without success.

MAJ 10:44 25 Mar 03

Which operating system are you using, gcs_uk?

Stuartli 10:53 25 Mar 03

Which version of WMP do you have?

Stuartli 10:58 25 Mar 03

This is the main Microsoft WMP Help section:

click here;en-us;wmp

gcs_uk 12:02 25 Mar 03

Downloaded the most recent version from microsoft, operating system is XP.

Ricktos 12:14 25 Mar 03

The executable for WMP or any of the files associated with it may be currupt or incomplete, may be worth downloading again or checking for file corruptions.

gcs_uk 08:14 08 Apr 03

Clicked on the link specified above butget directed to a microsoft support page which says the web page I am looking for does not exist - aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh.

How can i check for file corruptions ?

I have scoured the web for days now trying to find a solution for my problem, I have come across a number of people who are experiencing the same problem as me but as yet have found no answer.

Just to clarify my problem when I try and open my WMP, it appears in the taskbar but then that is it - if i play a videoclip I hear the sound but no image is displayed in fact mediaplayer is not displayed on my desktop at all (apart from in the taskbar).

My op system is XP and I am using WMP 9.

muppetmark 08:22 08 Apr 03

Have you perhaps got it set to open minimised, on the right end of media player in the taskbar there are is a small box symbol click on there see if it will open up then .

gcs_uk 08:29 08 Apr 03

I have tried that but nothing there when I right click on the box I get the usual options to minimise or maximise however the only ones available or "Restore" and "Maximise" - when I click on maximise I see movement very quickly to the left of my screen like a box opening (it is very quick) but nothing appears on my desktop.

Then when I next right click I have the option to minimise and when I click this I see movement very quickly from the left hand of the screen down to the mediaplayer icon in the taskbar

But still no mediaplayer.

Anyone have any other suggestions.

TIA

toxin 11:44 08 Apr 03

Hi gcs_uk!

Just a thought, but did you download the XP version of WMP9; there are diff. versions for various OS.

Toxin.

IZZY 12:28 08 Apr 03

Hi,gcs_uk....

This is the Read Me page for W.M.P.9

click here

You might find the answer to your problem there.

Good Luck,

IZZY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…