why does windows media player open up on

frankie 15:18 01 Jul 04

why does windows media player open up on turning on pc with error message path.monitor exe not valid path have xp pro its just started doing this nothing comes up when avg or adaware or spy tings scan so i am curious?.

johnnyrocker 15:23 01 Jul 04

either uninstall and reinstall or system restore if possible.

johnny.

frankie 15:26 01 Jul 04

it plays ok apart from error massage but why does it open up first and what is path monitor .exe?cheers for response

grabster 15:47 01 Jul 04

just a hunch cos i had a similar problem lately and bazooka helped me get things back to normal, click here download and run ,if it finds a problem it will suggest a way to get rid of it.

bretsky 17:53 01 Jul 04

Yes as grabster says, I have just done a google on this and it sounds like you have some sort of spyware that ad-aware or spybot s&d will not show up or even if it did they will not remove the problem.

Click on his link it's a great page, helped a lot when I experienced a problem of getting rid of "Purityscan"

good luck

bretsky;0)

frankie 18:16 01 Jul 04

cheers guys put it on nothing found quick scan though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…