//some 3rd party need geo

why does scandisc on windows me run all the time?

holly polly 23:27 10 May 03

using windows me on my computor ,my question is ,at boot up the scandisc starts up running with the discription illegal shutdown scanning for errors ,i have left the scandisc running upwards of 4 hours to no avail,there is an obvious problem on my hardrive because when i try to defrag it i get a message saying that errors were detected on your hardrive reccomend a thorough test to repair problems i have initiated this test to no avail,also when i am playing my vidieo files which i have saved to the hardrive ,when played back they pause and stutter,this is obviously due to my hardrive neededing cleaning up isnt it? i have tried disc cleanup and it tells me that errors were detected must preform scandisc,i would have thought 4 hours to preform a scandisc is adequate is it?any suggestions would be greatly recieved thankyou.

VoG™ 23:34 10 May 03

click here

If that doesn't work, restart in Safe Mode and run scandisk. To do this, reboot and keep pressing F8 before the Welcome to Windows screen loads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…