Why does OE delete incoming attachments as unsafe

Trikie 00:35 16 Jun 03

After 18 months with no problem (at least not this particular one!) OE has removed the attachments from my recent emails, saying they are unsafe.

They are only minutes of a meeting, and previous ones have come through OK. I have not changed any settings (no idea how to)

powerless 00:38 16 Jun 03

In OE > Tools > Options > Security > Remove the tick from "don not allow attachments..."

Click ok and you'll have your minutes.

leo49 00:39 16 Jun 03

Check under the Tools/Options/Security tab to see what's ticked - There's a box 'do not allow attachments that may contain viruses'.

Trikie 17:40 16 Jun 03

Thanks.
I'm wondering why OE should suddenly start blocking these attachments after letting them through for 18 months. Is there any significance in this?

powerless 18:37 16 Jun 03

Have you updated Windows recently?

Newuser38 18:49 16 Jun 03

It only seems to block some for me. I decided to leave it and 'Forward' any blocked ones that I am not suspicious of.You can then open or save the attachment as you would normally.

MIke 19:03 16 Jun 03

Funny you should say this but I've noticed the same thing too. I've had to go into security settings as posted by powerless. I can only think it must be one of MS security patches that has altered the setting in OE.

Kitz E Kat 19:07 16 Jun 03

If the settings are OK as Powerless and Leo49 have indicated then,could it be an update from your anti virus??

Go to the and check if its a problem they are aware off. Often these things ( glitches ) will not affect all users.

Many complaints about the latest update of Norton Firewall with XP, however i have had no such problem.

What's the problem, so you have an excuse for not reading boring minutes, could be that your computer is smarter than you think!!!!
Kitz E Kat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…