Why does Network error reboot P.C.

fuzzyone 17:54 06 Apr 04

Hi,

I installed a game yesterday, (NFS Underground), and rebooted and switched my cable modem off, and disabled Norton A/V and firewall.

After about Twenty minutes, my p.c. rebooted itself. I managed to catch it to boot into bios, but my cpu was only registering at 41c, and system at 37c.

I then had a look at the event viewer-system record, and the following are the two error messages, that occurred around the time.

1, The Server (520CCA63-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E) did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

2, The IP address lease 192.168.100.11 for the network card with network address 004BDF7477D has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.100.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message.

Should a program trying to connect to the internet, really reboot the machine, or is there something else underlying.

Any aid will be much appreciated.

NT Server 21:35 06 Apr 04

i would say that your ip address for your network card has expired while your cable modem was switched off. Your modem gives out an address for a set period of time. re boot and you should be back to normal.

NT Server 21:35 06 Apr 04

i would say that your ip address for your network card has expired while your cable modem was switched off. Your modem gives out an address for a set period of time. re boot and you should be back to normal.

VoG II 21:42 06 Apr 04

I'm confused. Why did you switch all this stuff off in the first place?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…