Why does my printer turn my computer off?

BlackSapphire 08:20 12 Jul 04

Another quick question if I may?

I have an HP PSC 2410 photosmart all in one printer/fax etc and just lately when it's on and I turn it off while still using the computer and internet, it switches the whole lot off! I've always said machines are too damn clever by half but it is really annoying - have I got the printer set up wrong or is there a conflict somewhere along the line.

Over to you (because you know a lot more than I do - thanks)

Dumble452 08:39 12 Jul 04

I had a similar problem when I downloaded an incorrect driver for my DVD drive, which I resolved by doing a system restore to a date when I knew things worked properly. Just a thought.

BlackSapphire 08:41 12 Jul 04

Hi Dumble, yes I am using XP for Home.

Dumble452 14:47 12 Jul 04

If it worked OK previously, I can only suggest that you try System Restore. Sorry, that is the limit of my knowledge, perhaps others will have some better ideas.

BlackSapphire 15:54 12 Jul 04

Hi Dumble,

If I could avoid doing that I'd love to because I'd lose the other things I've got in place since the last restore when it worked okay :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…