Why does my PC clock keep losing time?

CurlyWhirly 13:17 05 Jun 04

Hi,
I am running Windows XP and what I was wondering is why does my Windows clock (on the taskbar)keep losing time?
I set it to right time and then a few days later it loses a whole hour!
What I normally does is right click on the Windows taskbar and go to the 'adjust time/date' option and then alter the hour setting from there.
Any idea anyone as though this is a minor problem it is nonetheless annoying?

rawprawn 13:25 05 Jun 04

Go to control panel/ click on Date & Time/ click on internet time tab/ Make sure there is atick in the box to auto update time.

Fruit Bat 13:27 05 Jun 04

could be the CMOS battery. How old is the Mobo?

/\0/\

rawprawn 13:48 05 Jun 04

Rev your email. No when you open Date And Time properties in Control Panel, you will see three tabs at the top. The first is Date & Time, 2nd Time Zone (which is where the daylight saving box is) the third tab is Internet Time, in the top left hand corner is a box which you must tick to auto update.There is also a button to Update now which you could press to get your clock right at this moment after that XP will keep it up to date.

jack 14:16 05 Jun 04

The time and essential basic settings are maintained by a battery located on the front edge of the motherboard.opposide the PCI slots and other plugs[That is the back]
This battery is like an overgrown watch battery and in modern boards simply clips in.
Un clip it and take it to Boots/WHSmth or a similar place for an exact replacement at about £1.
Clip new one in.
You will get a warning message say all setting gone.
Say ok for default.
Start Machine again and hit Delete to get you into BIOS
Take first tab and use page up/down buttons to set time/day/month
come out of this by ESC and F10 - say yes
Job done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…