why does my laptop beep when i try a link on a web

hugeb 14:21 06 Apr 03

I seem to have a setup problem in that sometimes when I click on a link within a web page all that happens is a beep. I don't connect to the link. Latest problem happenned when I tried to register PSP5 and can't get to the registration page. Any ideas?

ThisNameIsMine 14:31 06 Apr 03

Is it like a "BIOS Beep" (Loud Noise and constant note) or "Windows Beep" (Varying noise, not loud)

hugeb 14:37 06 Apr 03

ThisNameIsMine...............Its just a single note...quite loud and always the same. It does not happen with all web sites......just the ones where I want to link to another part

barrie_g 14:42 06 Apr 03

have you or someone else installed a popup- stopper?

ThisNameIsMine 14:44 06 Apr 03

It sounds like a BIOS beep which could indicate a hardware fault. Is it a PC Card Modem or in-built?

hugeb 14:48 06 Apr 03

barrie_g.........You get the gold star.....It was Popup Killer that was causing the problem...Thanks

ThisNameIsMine 14:52 06 Apr 03

Awwww! I never got gold stars at school!

hugeb 14:56 06 Apr 03

ThisNameIs Mine.....Keep it up...you've been posting useful comments and will get a star one day!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…