Why does my internet cut off when the phone goes?

BIGBAGGY 22:18 06 May 05

I am on Broadband on a BT line. ASDL ROUTER. My connection cuts off every time the phone is answered and hung up. This is doing my head in as I am an Online Poker player and it always happens when I have a good hand ;-)
I need to stop this happening what can I do?

DieSse 22:44 06 May 05

It's the sort of thing that happens when the microfilters are not fitted into the telephone cables (NOT the broadband connection tho').

justme 23:09 06 May 05

As DieSse says, make sure that ALL your telephone sockets have a microfilter in them and not just your broadband connection.

If you already have filters in all the telephone sockets then you must suspect that at least one of them is faulty and needs replacing.

BIGBAGGY 02:12 07 May 05

What are these? How do I check if I have them? If I need them how and where do I get them? ;-)

CurlyWhirly 06:55 07 May 05

[QUOTE] What are these? How do I check if I have them? If I need them how and where do I get them? ;-)[/QUOTE]

click here

Graham ® 08:57 07 May 05

Is the router wireless? Do you have a DECT or other cordless telephone? There could be interference between the two.

Faulty extension wiring is another possibility.

Experiment by changing things around and ringing your number from a mobile.

BIGBAGGY 14:00 07 May 05

Yes the router is Wireless and yes I do have digital cordless phones. If this is the problem is there a solution?

Graham ® 16:20 07 May 05

To prove, disconnect the cordless phones and plug in a corded one. Ring the phone to see if the broadband drops.

Once you know what the problem is you can look for a solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…