Why does my computer speed up after being idle?

harry101 01:04 12 Jan 03
  harry101 01:04 12 Jan 03

I'm new to computers and have a Packard Bell with Windows XP. Recently it has started to speed up after beening idle for a while. It is ok at first, but if I leave it switched on and don't use it for a few minutes then it will play CDs and the radio at very high speed, and it will also dial up the internet and play sounds very fast. I've restored it to an earlier date but that has not put things right. Can anyone advize me to what I have to do to correct it?

jediknight007 01:17 12 Jan 03

wHAT dO yOU mEAN bY fAST? iSN'T tHAT a gOOD tHING tHEN iF yOUR iNTERNET iS fAST? mAYBE sOME cHANGES iN yOUR pOWER mANAGEMENT sETTINGS wILL sOLVE tHE pROBLEM. sORRY fOR tYPING lIKE tHIS, jUST wANTED tO tRY oUT a nEW sTYLE. wOULND'T iT bE nICE iF pCA dID a tEXT fORMAT tHING lIKE mSN?

doug 07:52 12 Jan 03

Try it without the caps lock on and you won't be shouting so loud. Cheers.

Gongoozler 08:46 12 Jan 03

harry101, if your computer is playing sounds at higher speed than normal, i.e. the sounds are not playing at their natural speed, then the computer is faulty. If the computer is new, then it should be fixed under warranty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…