Why does MS Works Portfolio keep opening?

fudge 13:27 25 Jan 03

I've got MS Works 6.0 and all of a sudden the Portfolio keeps opening on the desktop. It started without prompting.

Within the options tab is a checkbox to start the programme everytime windows starts. I keep clearing this box but as soon as I close the programme it re-ticks it.

Anybody know why this has suddenly started and how I can stop it? I never actually use this programme so I could remove it if I knew how.

pc moron 14:54 25 Jan 03

Which version of Windows are you using?

fudge 15:49 25 Jan 03

ME

pc moron 15:59 25 Jan 03

I can't remember exactly how to get to the Program Startup List in Windows ME, but I think it's as follws:

From the Start menu goto Programs>System Tools>System Information and then under the Tools Menu you should be able to access the list of programs that starts when Windows starts.

Look through the list and find the entry for Works/Portfolio and untick this entry- it will no longer load when Windows starts.

fudge 10:52 26 Jan 03

Found it like you said and disabled it - many thanks.

I still don't understand why it happened though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…