Why does it do this?? windows checking start up

laptopdunce 17:20 06 Sep 14
Answered

I have had this problem a couple of times, when restarting on a new Sony Vaio windos 7 laptop I sometimes get a black screen that comes up asking me to start a check as the system has a suspected corrupted file due to a power interuption when trying to load windows, I try and avoid this and start windows normally but it will never let me do this but reverts to the "continue check/restore windows" which takes about 2 hours!!! then it loads windows OK, so my question is, why can this be happening, the power supply is always on and I always log off properly, this has happened about once a month on a very little used laptop, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Woolwell 21:54 06 Sep 14

I'm surprised that you haven't had any reply as yet.

Others may know better but I would start to worry about the health of the hard drive.

laptopdunce 02:10 07 Sep 14

Yes, I was wondering that too, this laptop is only 2 years old and has practically nothing on it in the form of files (about 30gb at most) How would you suggest I check the hard drive? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

bumpkin 14:17 07 Sep 14

I'm surprised that you haven't had any reply as yet.

I'm not.

Woolwell 16:25 07 Sep 14
  laptopdunce 16:47 07 Sep 14

Right I will try that (not surprised Bumpkin has left that snotty message!! - I did rant about certain idiots who dont answer a valid question but put PEDANTIC AND PRIGGISH comments!! - this is after all a forum for people with computer problems and my nickname says it all!!! unfortunately as happens with all sorts of these forums from ebay to sewing forums you get anal retents who have nothing better to do that pick, pick, pick and make inane utterly fatuous remarks in response to a valid question!!!) LAPTOPDUNCE

bumpkin 16:56 07 Sep 14

Woolwell, make you own decision click here

laptopdunce 17:09 07 Sep 14

thanks woolwell, just done the disk ceck from windows explorer, closed it down and it did it all fine, I dont think there is a problem with the hard drive on this laptop at all really, but the computers do have a habit of doing these odd things. I see bumpkin has obviously got a chip on the shoulder and is DETERMINED to not forget a slight!! The fact remains that I get alot of flack and unnecessary cr*p from some people in answer to valid and legimate questions, YES!! do look at the history link bumpkin has sent and MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND!! thanks for the help anyway, you obviously have answered a problem properly without harbouring a grudge or making IDIOTIC PATRONIZING AND PEDANTIC remarks!! thanks laptopdunce

Woolwell 19:19 07 Sep 14

I remember previous threads. I usually ignore posters with uppercase (shouting) and multi-exclamation marks and will carefully consider next time especially after the 5.09 pm post.

rdave13 19:46 07 Sep 14
Answer

laptopdunce , if you didn't come over as a Victor Meldrew character you would certainly get more sympathy and help. As you are now your frequent rants have me falling out of my chair laughing and so incapable of helping you even if I could.

How do the Yanks put it? Ah yes, 'chill out bud'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…