Why does Internet Explorer 6 randomly freeze?

Coffe_King 13:59 15 Dec 03

I have a problem with internet explorer 6. When I goto a page, sometimes IE freezes whilst trying to load it. If I click on the window the Icon in the titlebar turns to just a blue square with white insdie and when I click the red X in the corner I get a dialog saying Internet Explorer has crashed and would I like to send an error report. I always send them but never get anything back. How can I fix IE becuase it is very frustrating.

PhiltheFragger 14:04 15 Dec 03

Go to control Panel and open up Internet options.

On the Temp folder section. select settings and reduce the size of the temp folder to 100Mb. Get rid of all temp internet files.

Secomdly. go back to control panel. Add/ Remove programs. Select Internet Explorer 6 and select remove. A diologue box appears with " REPAIR" as an option. Select this and follow it through.

Then reboot and see how it goes.

Coffe_King 14:10 15 Dec 03

Emptying and resizing the temp seems to have done the trick, but if it starts again I will repair IE. Thanks.

Coffe_King 14:11 15 Dec 03

Incidentaly the Temp was set at 2486Mb so I can see why IE was crashing!

PhiltheFragger 14:16 15 Dec 03

Yep its Windows using the default setting which takes a percentage of your hard drive capacity.

Its far to big and eventually chokes itself.

Glad to have been of service

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…