Why do my photo prints take days to dry?

nooney 23:38 19 Dec 03

I am using an EPSON PHOTO STYLUS 750 with genuine EPSON inks and my prints take days to be touch dry.
I have used different photo papers and still have problems.
Anybody any ideas?
I have resorted to cooking them over the radiators!

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:44 19 Dec 03

except, have you got your printer set up for the right paper settings - Photo paper, or Premium photo glossy?

They should be dry as they finish printing, are you sure the printer is not faulty?

hugh-265156 00:02 20 Dec 03

my photo prints are a slightly tacky just after printing but not wet and are dry in a few mins.

as above select the correct paper in printer/properties/main if set to normal plain paper there may be too much ink being used.still should not be wet though i think.

Giggle n' Bits 00:30 20 Dec 03

100gm + would make a difference ideal around 170gm paper or the dedicated photo glossy paper.

If you have been using 80gm the ink soaks into the paper and can be visable on the opposite side.

Are you using compatible cartridges ? it may be the quality of these or possibly that the inkheads or the ink resouviour inside the printer is fairly full and neads a cleaning service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…