why do my media files show empty

steviekm 17:16 PM 18 Jul 13

a few weeks ago i set up media player on my windows 8 pc to stream my media files to my lg bluray player. (this was after trying to use nero mediahome 4 essentials only to find out it doesn't work with windows 8) all was well for several weeks but yesterday when i navigate to the file i want to play back (video, pictures etc-all the same) it shows empty!can anyone help? Thanks

spuds 17:41 PM 18 Jul 13

Not sure if of any help, but I have just put "windows 8 media player file shows empty" in a Google search, and it appears that there might be a few different solutions there?.

steviekm 18:02 PM 18 Jul 13

thanks, it looks like its a regular issue; in fact i have just checked on my bluray player screen and where it had been showing the name of my pc in which i was originally clicking into to access my folders its now showing nothing. so its now not even seeing the bluray player or maybe even the other way round this gets weirder and weirder by the minute; bit like the twilight zone all help gratefully accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steviekm 17:17 PM 08 Aug 13

further update to my post- refreshed windows 8 and all has been good - until today-now files are again showing empty. have checked out the various posts and none appear to come up with a lasting solution.... Any further ideas??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know