why do I have to scroll?

edenworkshops 15:55 08 May 08

Hello

Could someone tell me why it is that when I view my website I have to scroll to the left and right to view the whole page. Yet when anyone else views my site it appears as normal?

Thank you

Richard

Stuartli 15:57 08 May 08

Have you checked the Text size? In both IE and Firefox, Medium is the best Default setting (from View in both cases).

sean-278262 16:00 08 May 08

Screen resolution differences. If the site template dictates that the page is 1280 pixels wide and your monitor is set to 1024 then you will have to scroll while someone using a monitor set to the 1280 size or greater will not have to scroll. An alternative reason may be any reading aids such as larger text standards like magnifier in Vista or its equivalent in windows XP. Try using ctrl & + (plus symbol) and CTRL & - (minus symbol) to adjust the font size manually.

On a final note what is the sites URL (address) and just as a side comment you should of placed this in the webdesign forum as you would get a better reply in general there.

A

romaneagle 11:33 27 Sep 08

Can anyone please help me to cancel Magnifier in Vista. I am recently new to Vista and I inadvertently clicked on "Magnifier" - up it came, and does so every time I boot up - but I cannot get rid of it! Can anyone brighter than me suggest a solution to this annoying thing!!!

Many thanks

Romaneagle

romaneagle 11:35 27 Sep 08

Sorry - should have posted a new topic!

Romaneagle

Mr Mistoffelees 11:37 27 Sep 08

You will get a better response by starting your own thread rather than by hijacking someone else's.

edenworkshops 15:32 27 Sep 08

Thank you for your responses, I shall look at my screen resolution and check your other suggestions.

Richard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced