Why do I have GMail?

ZZ Top 11:09 30 Dec 10

I am with Sky and access my Sky emails through Outlook 2007. I have 2 Sky email addresses and in Outlook both accounts have Inbox and Junk folders whilst my personal folders have Sent and Deleted items. However, both email accounts also have a GMail folder. I don't know why! I have never set up a GMail account, let alone synchronised one with Outlook! My one Sky account is okay - except that items I delete are deleted from Outlook and never appear in the deleted items folder. However, with the other account, everything I receive is duplicated in the GMail/All Mail folder and everything I delete remains in there too.
I cannot delete the GMail folders or change their properties at all. Ideally I would like to get rid of them and have a 'normal' looking Outlook.
If I have to keep them, firstly, can I prevent items appearing in the All Mail folder? Secondly, can I get deleted items to appear in the deleted items folder?
Both account types are IMAP/SMTP. Thanks for looking!

Woolwell 12:27 30 Dec 10

Fairly sure that Sky e-mail is powered by Google mail.

Others will confirm and help. I don't use Sky.

tullie 15:34 30 Dec 10

You are correct

Terry Brown 15:46 30 Dec 10

Virgin is also powered by Google
Terry

Jwbjnwolf 16:35 30 Dec 10

is orange powered by yahoo?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…