Why do extra windows keep opening when using IE?

Chewie100 14:36 14 Aug 04

I keep getting unwanted windows opening up when ever I open Internet Explorer running on XP home, also I've started getting video clips that run in Real Player advertising WWF and various other stuff that I have no interest in. Does anyone have any idea how I can stop these? (By the way, i'm a novice, in case you hadn't realised already)

Stuartli 14:42 14 Aug 04

Some websites can cause this and it can become a b-----y nuisance...:-)

Run a virus scan and also Search and Destroy 1.3 and Ad-aware SE Personal - if you don't have them best to do so and update and use them to scan your system regularly.

Also get SpywareBlaster - it will run in the background to stop many of the spybots invading your system in the first place.

Longsightboy 04:49 16 Aug 04

Try doing a search on pop-up blockers or, wait for Service Pack 2 at the end of August as Internet Explorer 6 now comes with a pop-up stopper as standard.

Hope this helps.

Longsightboy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…