Why did IE think there was no connection?

johnsims 10:20 06 Sep 04

IE suddenly stopped allowing me to access the net. All favourites that are hyperlinks were greyed out, a click on a link on my homepage threw up a "Web page unavailable off line" message box, and a typed URL did the same.

I am on broadband, and Outlook continued to send and receive email, the network was fine (through a router) but IE resolutely refused to play.

I looked at all the settings and they seemed to be OK, eventually in making sure I got things down correctly for this post, I clicked on the connect button in the above mentioned message box and now all is OK.

I am confused. What could have caused this to happen in the first place? As I said, I am on BB not dial up so I cannot understand why this should have occurred. Any ideas anyone?

end 22:55 08 Sep 04

I had this once and found that I had somehow ticked the "work off line" item; could not understand just WHY i was not allowed to open any page ON the net...

all it seems to take is a wrong tick or X in the vitally wrong place and....oops:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…