Why cant my PC find this file?

TommyRed 13:35 03 Jun 04

Still trying to create a bootable XP installation disc. Have found this on a US site click here which looks quite good with the pretty pictures etc, but for some unknown reason my PC can't find a file when I type it into the run box, yet when I search for the same file it finds it, I'm confused. Any ideas why? TIA TR

TommyRed 14:05 03 Jun 04

Graham ® 14:07 03 Jun 04

You have to type the path, eg. C:\documents ..., not the title. Or you can use 'Regedit', close the tree down, ctrl f, and enter the title in Find what.

TommyRed 14:15 03 Jun 04

I don't understand I'm following these instructions, hopefully to the letter. The file in question is XP-SP1.EXE and when I hover the mouse over the file it shows as XP-SP1.EXE.exe, could this be the problem. The file inside the folder shows the correct name though. TR

Graham ® 14:27 03 Jun 04

I understand. Would re-naming the file solve the problem, I wonder?

Graham ® 14:29 03 Jun 04

Sorry, I'm getting confused now! Re-name the folder.

TommyRed 14:59 03 Jun 04

I just added exe ont the file name in the run box seemed to work, which is more than the bootable disc is. I think I'll just wait until someone invents a program to do it for me. I've got to get off PC now the lad wants to get onto MSN messenger to chat with his mates who he only saw an hour ago. Oh to be young again, thanks TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…