why cant i use my 5.1 speakers on my stand alone .

woofwoofbark 02:55 10 Jan 05

.....dvd player , they are fine on my pc and are great sound but i was trying to see if I could get them to work on my dvd player in the livingroom , but , the pins wont fit into my dvd player ... do I need to buy new speakers if I want to play on the stand alone dvd player ? or is there an extension of some kind that will fit into the coloured sockets on the dvd player ?

cheers

geo

jack 09:23 10 Jan 05

If they are not the standard 3mm jack plug or RCA connector go to

click here

and trawl the catalog,that sholud keep busy for a bit

Salinger 09:36 10 Jan 05

Does the DVD player have a built in 5.1 amplifier?

woofwoofbark 16:20 10 Jan 05

can anyone please tell me if this has amplifier built in and what it will take to add 5.1 surround speakers .... I have Genius 5.1 speakers the 4 speakers and centre speakers themselves connect to a subwoofer , there is a lead from the subwoofer with 3 pins , green for FR/FL (front , right) , orange for SUB CEN (subwoofer , centre), black for RR/RL (rear right , rear left) ... the 5 speakers that plug into the back of the subwoofer fit into the stand alone dvd player but the green/orange/black wont fit .... on the back of the stand alone dvd player there are 4 sockets for audio top left is white for audio out left, bottom left is red for audio out right , top right yellow for Please connect direct to tv and bottom right orange for COAXIAL .... my tv only has scart with no coloured connection ....

if this makes sence and you can find a solution so that I can have home cinema sound with my dvd player and 5.1 surround speakers .. then I would be really greatfull for any advice/help

cheers

geo

woofwoofbark 16:22 10 Jan 05

here is my dvd player's specs ....

click here

cheers

geo

melancol 00:01 11 Jan 05

you will need to obtain something like click here
Your main problem is that the dvd player has no 5.1 decoder built in and therefore cannot provide your speakers with the seperate channel information.

Hope this helps...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…