Why can't I update CW Shredder?

CurlyWhirly 22:11 20 Jul 04

I have recently installed CW Shredder a few days ago and ever since I have been trying to search for updates but EVERY time I do so I have the following message 'Unable to retrieve CW Shredder update information. The server might be unavailable , try again later'!
Does anyone else have this problem as well?
Is this program FREEWARE or do you have to pay to get updates?
CW

Diodorus Siculus 22:20 20 Jul 04

It is freeware. Have you used a firewall to block access?

Try downloading a new version.

CurlyWhirly 22:25 20 Jul 04

DIODORUS SICULUS

When you say try downloading a new version do you mean that I should reinstall my current version (v1.59.1) or is there a newer version than this?
I got the link a few days ago from a member of this forum so that the thread that I got it from was only a few days old so do you know if there is a later version than this?
CW

CurlyWhirly 22:26 20 Jul 04

DIODORUS SICULUS

p.s. It is nothing to do with my firewall as I have even tried disabling it temporarily to see if this is the cause but it isn't.
CW

Nellie2 22:26 20 Jul 04

No that is the latest version... and it won't be updated for a while now, if it gets updated again at all.

CurlyWhirly 22:29 20 Jul 04

NELLIE2

It is not much use if it isn't going to get updated!
I may as well uninstall it?
CW

Nellie2 22:35 20 Jul 04

Well that is up to you see the questions and answers click here, especially the one that says when will CWShredder going to be updated.

GroupFC 22:36 20 Jul 04

I think the server may be down. I have just tried
grtting on to here click here, without success.

I recall (admittedly vaguely) reading on that site some time ago that there were likely to be no further updates to CWShredder, but can't for the life of me find it!

GroupFC 22:37 20 Jul 04

I have just found but Nellie2 beat me to it!

Q. When will CWShredder be updated again?
A. It won't be again, probably. I have a few bugs to fix, but after that there's not much left to do - I simply do not have the tools to remove the latest variants, they are too agressive or complicated to allow automated removal by CWShredder.

CurlyWhirly 22:47 20 Jul 04

Nellie2 & GroupFC

I also think that the server is down as I can't access either of the links that you gave me!
CW

byfordr 23:16 20 Jul 04

click here

thats it...(still worth having)

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…