Why can't I see topics in a forum?

dkfilms 08:29 19 Mar 04

I have just put on my computer XP Prof. and now find that one forum I go to no longer allows me to see the topics. Is this something in the XP security settings that maybe stopping this?

Peverelli 10:44 19 Mar 04

Try Tools > Internet Options. On the Privacy tab click on Edit (bottom right corner) type in the web address of the forum you wish to view and click on Allow.

dkfilms 10:56 19 Mar 04

Thank you for the reply but unfortunately it has not made any difference. The odd thing is I can see the site also the Author, Posts,Reads and last post sections but not the Topic. The forum is click here

Odd isn't it!

Peverelli 14:35 19 Mar 04

I know this doesn't help you but I can see the topics and can navigate through the forum with no problems. So the problem is definitely at your end.

SANTOS7 14:56 19 Mar 04

I have to concur with Peverelli i can navigate through all pages of the forum so you may well have a more deep seated problem although restarting you pc and then returning to the site may help

dkfilms 14:58 19 Mar 04

There have been replies to my posting about this on the forum. I am of course unable to see what has been said. Can you help by letting me know?

woodchip 15:08 19 Mar 04

You may have to resign in if it's a different computer and Operating System, so it can place a cookie on your comp

johnnyrocker 15:12 19 Mar 04

have you got zone alarm?

dkfilms 16:11 19 Mar 04

Could it be that it uses java script and if so how do I view it?

GaT7 17:11 19 Mar 04

As johnnyrocker mentioned it's most probably a component in your firewall that's causing this.

I visited the Forum - no problems, but you're NOT alone. Found more than 10 other instances of the same problem. Solved here : click here , here click here , & here click here

Try configuring the adblocking/scriptblocking/similar options in your firewall/internet security program till you can see the topics. Good luck, G

PS - if you change anything remember to revert to original settings if you feel you may be compromising security.

wee eddie 17:36 19 Mar 04

An XP update and a problem with Hotmail.

This looks like the same problem.

However I left it to Hotmail to solve the problem. They did. Apparently it was to do with the way the coding for the links were written.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…