why can't I save music to a disc

Daisy22 21:15 06 Jan 06

I've got some music files on my pc that I would like to save to a CD.
I've tried using ITunes, Media Player and Record Now. Each programme tells me that it has saved successfully, but when I try to play the CD in a music stereo it's coming up with nothing on it.
I haven't had problems before and I can't understand this one. What am I doing wrong.

Totally-braindead 21:25 06 Jan 06

I wonder if the programs have saved them as DATA. MP3s saved as DATA are unreadable on most stereos unless the CD player says it can read MP3s. To enable them to be played on a normal CD player they have to be burnt as audio.

Daisy22 10:35 07 Jan 06

It worked through the DVD player, and also in my daughter's stereo system so I think you're right.

How do I change the format of saving please, I will need easy to follow steps. I've got both media player 10, and ITunes and also the record now facility.

I did try to look at how to save in a different format, thinking this was the problem, but unfortunately couldn't find the answer.

pj123 11:12 07 Jan 06

Do you have Nero Burn on your PC? If so use that to make an "Audio CD". Be aware that the songs/music will automatically be converted to .cda files and depending on the length of each one you will only get around 12 to 18 on each CD. You also need to finalise the CD before it can be played on a standalone CD player.

Terry Brown 15:35 07 Jan 06

You can also use media player to burn to a CD, and this is already on your system for free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…