Why can't I play cd on real player ?

blackpat 18:27 11 Jan 07

Both my partner and I have fairly new Dell dimension 5150s, both with windows media. My partner has a Sanyo xacti c6 very small video camera, she uploads video shots on to the computer and plays them on real player, when she burns the video shots to cd and I try to play them on real player on my computer, they don't work, yet they play on her real player. I believe we both have the same real player. Anyone any ideas?
Blackpat

skidzy 19:38 11 Jan 07

What software is she using to burn ?

Make sure she is finalising the disc before you try it in your machine.

blackpat 05:22 12 Jan 07

Skidzy. we both use Roxio to burn cds. I will check with her about finalising the disc and get back to you. Thanks for helping me,
Blackpat

birdface 12:03 12 Jan 07

Not to sure about this but your partner has Video camera installed,She should have extra drivers installed in her computer to run it,Maybe if you install her Camera Drivers on to your computer,it may also work for you,Only a guess but might be worth trying if nothing else works.

blackpat 05:53 14 Jan 07

Skidzy, so sorry for being so long getting back to you. Well we found out that my partner has software for converting her video mp4 files to windows media player files, which then plays on realplayer and winamp, with or without finalising.

Buteman.I didn't think of using my partners video drivers as I want to make copies of the video shots to share with family and that would mean they would need the the drivers too to view them, I think the conversion software is the best route. Thanks both for your help, it is much appreciated.
Blackpat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced