Why can't I display photos on HDTV

buglebri 16:48 19 Jan 08

I have connected my laptop (Acer Aspire 5002WLMi)to my Panasonic 37 HDTV via sound and vision cables. I can see on the TV the Acer symbol and then windows loading followed by my desktop background picture. I cannot see any desktop Icons, I have sound and can get the screen currsor and thats all. Can anyone help this 70 year old into the 21 century so that I may view my photo files on TV. Thanks

i think you have to cofigure the output on the laptop..i have dual view graphics card and i have to set it to clone and not span the screen...go into display in control panel and have a look at the settings..see if anything is in there..kind regards akanic

STREETWORK 20:50 19 Jan 08

Try this.

Sometimes on laptops you have to press the fn key and F7 together, the f key should have a symbol on t that looks like a Pc monitor. This switches the graphics output to an external source such as a television or multimedia projector. If you want to show the pictures on both just press the keys togeather again...

silverous 00:22 20 Jan 08

If he's already seeing the boot on the external screen then he shouldn't have to use the function key to get that to happen.

Is it possible that in the video/display settings of your acer the monitor is configured as a 2nd monitor i.e. you are seeing the right hand side of a dual-screen setup?

If your right-click on the desktop of your laptop and choose properties, have a look in there and see if 2 screens are configured. If so, you may want to configure as 1 screen only (set it so windows does not expand the display onto the 2nd monitor).

buglebri 13:20 22 Jan 08

Thanks guys, now up and running

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…