Why aren't I getting a dial tone?

orlandogreenback 09:27 28 May 04

Brand new Creative modem which can't find a dial tone the first time after I boot up. I cancel the connection and retry and all's fine for every connection until the next restart. Any ideas as to why it should keep failing the first time, every time?

Diodorus Siculus 09:36 28 May 04

Is it internal or external? If the latter, try having the modem switched on when starting the PC.

orlandogreenback 09:40 28 May 04

'Tis internal.

SANTOS7 12:13 28 May 04

click here this might help

orlandogreenback 22:56 03 Jun 04

But no luck. There was no fix listed under my problem and besides, it only happens the first dial up after boot. Anyone else wanna take a shot?

Fruit Bat 23:10 03 Jun 04

Uninstall then reinstall drivers / check for updated drivers on creative web site

woodchip 23:12 03 Jun 04

Try going into Control Panel and remove the modem then restart computer to see if it gets picked up by plug and pray

Epocs 01:08 04 Jun 04

Perhaps try built in diagnostics in its properties, might not tell you much but worth a look. I agree with woodchip if that doesn't work perhaps try removing the actual card starting windows, shutting down and then putting it back in a differant slot. Also might be worth checking your telephone cable to make sure it is plugged in securely and the cable is not damaged as might cause intermitten problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…